Wednesday 2 October 2013

Mi Amor-part 4

“ God! God! You are in love with him!”, he said it aloud. My heart didn’t accept it. “ Hell no! He ‘s my cousin’s fiance. “, I shot back. He could be sometimes a prick! “ Uhhh huh! You are lying. But your face says a lot, chica!”, he said.
The heated argument took place for a long time. In the end, he won with his usual charm. “ Ok ! Fine!! I like… I love him! I thought that I had moved on. But that never happened. I am still in love with him.” I said while trying to control my emotions. However emotions are like melting butter, they thaw out in form of tears and angst that you try to hide.

“ I can give you my shoulder to cry. But you need to do something. Get the frustration out of your heart!” he said, patting my back. Those words were more than enough to make me cry. I cried my heart out while he remained quiet except for the few consoling words.

  It took me a whole night to get my hidden angst out of my heart. “ How are you feeling today?”, he asked.  “ I am feeling better… Hmmm… quite light. Thanks!” I said.  “ Now that you are feeling fine. I have promised your cousin that we are coming for bowling spree.”, he said excitedly. “ What! We are not going!”I screamed at him in top of my lungs. How could he simply do something like that? 

“ Come on!  This is best opportunity to prove yourself what worth you are.”, he said coolly. I stomped towards my room. He followed me like Mary’s lamb. Ah! Irritating prick! Why doesn’t he leave me alone?

“ Hey Lee! I know it’s tough. But you need to be a chica fuerte. ”, he said. I pretended to ignore me. But he did make a valid point. I had to prove myself!  “ Ok ! I will go out with you. But what is chica fuerte?” I agreed. He laughed and said, “ It means strong girl.”

It was half past noon. Everybody had arrived on time except the host and hostess. The game had become boring. I was alone playing while others gossiped.  The ball didn’t hit the pins. I tried to hit the pins several times. But I failed.

As I picked the heavy ball and tried to aim, I felt someone help me hold the ball. “ Can I?” , a husky masculine  voice said. The voice was quite familiar. I looked at the side from where the voice came. It was Ashish. I quickly handed me the ball. He hit all the pins unlike me.

I was flushed with embarrassment. I tried to move out of his sight. But when Shaggy is your friend, he will make you forget the word called running away. Shaggy pulled me. Voila! We were standing next to my dreadful past. “Hi I am Shaggy! I am Lee’s friend.”, he introduced himself.  “Yes, I know. We have met 
before…the club. I am Ashish.”, Ashish said. “ I know. You are Lee’s dreadful past.”, he joked.

Shaggy and his joke! Only I can understand them. Ashish gave a confused look- more of angry man look. I prayed that Ashish took this insult as a joke.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment