Wednesday 16 October 2013

Mi Amor-part 7


I didn’t realize when my eyes had closed. I had slept while watching a boring movie. The earphones were hanging on my ears. My stomach grumbled loudly due to hunger. Ah! I had missed lunch. However lunch at flights is usually terrible. So it is better to be hungry than have their bland food. I looked at my side. Shaggy wasn’t there.  I didn’t care. I lazily observed my surrounding. A pretty airhostess was catering to the needs of a stubborn passenger. Some of the child passengers were curiously investigating the buttons on the arms of their seats. They found it amusing to press these buttons to see what each functions. It was more of pain to their parents than being amazed with their kid’s curiosity.

After few minutes, I saw the same black and golden stripped book left unattended on Shaggy’s seat. He must have forgotten to hide his treasure. I took his book instantly and hid it with me. He didn’t notice when he came.
                                                   *********

At home, I celebrated the joy of getting the so called hidden treasure of Shaggy. To add to my happiness, Shaggy had gone to meet his parents. I was free from that monster for the night. I opened the page and saw red bold letter written- Mi Amor. What was this word?  I took out the Spanish dictionary to translate the words. I searched the word impatiently. Atlast I found the meaning. It was called ‘My sweetheart’. It enhanced my curiosity level. I wanted to know who this sweetheart was. Was she his ex girlfriend? Nah! He hated her. I continued to read. It was Spanish!

It took me hours to translate one page. As I arranged the words into sentence, the words made more sense to me. I read the page again and again.

Mi Amor,
I am so happy that the grey clouds that shielded your face is now gone. I was waiting so long to see my senorita smile. You don’t know how beautiful your smile is. But you are an arrogant chica. You won’t trust anyone. Why would you? Your heart was broken. This has made you so stiff towards love. 
I wish you would move on… Ashish was never yours. When will you realize that there is someone else waiting for you with love and care?

 I wish that my love wash away all that pain. But how can I do that when you have kept your closed. I hope you open your heart to me. I know you will do this. I will wait for you even if it is for the lifetime. I am always there for you.

I love you, Mi amor.

I was struck by the words he had written. So I was his sweetheart! When did all this happen? I never thought about him anything more than friends. How could I give my broken heart? I wasn’t ready yet to open my heart to someone else, forget about Shaggy. My heart still pained while remembering Ashish. 

I waited eagerly for him to return. I wanted to clarify all this mess with him. But would it ruin our friendship? I shouldn’t have read that damn book.


                                                    ***** The End *****

No comments:

Post a Comment