Monday 14 October 2013

Mi amor-part 5


“ Ah! You have good pair of eyes!” Ashish laughed.  His expressions changed from the confused look to smiling face. Phew!! A relief!  I gave one of my fakest smile to cover up the tensions. Next few hours got over smoothly with Shaggy becoming the star of the party. And I… I was invisible the whole time while allowing my friend to enjoy the limelight.

As we headed towards home, he asked, breaking the silence ( that was there for some time) between us, “ How far is the Blue Ivy Resort?”. I replied with bored expressions, “ Blue Ivy Resort.. It’s quite far.. four hours from the main city if you start early morning. Why do you ask?” “Hmm.. Ashish invited us there.”, he said softly. “ What!! We are not going.”I said firmly. “ Why? Is it because of Ashish?” he asked. “You don’t understand!! Ashish reminds me of the past we shared. The only way I can forget him is to be as far as I can from him.”I said.  “ You are running away again!! Past is long gone. He has moved on from that. Now it’s your turn to move on.”, he said. I was too tired to avenge out my wrath on him. I stomped towards my room.

It was 4 am and I was amidst of my dream of impossible life. Suddenly I feel someone shaking my shoulder.  It was Shaggy. “Wake up! It’s four. We will be late for the trip.”,Shaggy whispered into my ears. I ignored him and got back to my dream. “ Wake up! Ashish is here!”he said.  I got up at the name of Ashish. “ 
Where? What?” I said , bewildered about the fact that Ashish was at my room. I looked around. He wasn’t there. Ah ! So this was his trick for getting me out of my bed. I tried to get back to sleep. Unfortunately I felt water splash on my body. It was my crazy sister who was partner in crime with my useless friend. “ I hate you both! I curse you thousands horrible dreams!” I screamed.  

They laughed mercilessly at my situation during the whole journey. I sulked at the corner , trying my best to cool down my temper.

As usual I moped at the side, trying to hide from vibrant crowd. But when you have Shaggy as your friend, you cannot be alone. “Come on , you old whine!  Show your colourful side to everyone.”, he said, grabbing my hand to volleyball court. Our team missed some potential goals because of me.

Ashish joined the opponent team. I knew he was great at this and I knew losing was my trait. I had lost our precious relationship then and now losing a game against him wouldn’t hurt me.


( To be continued) 

No comments:

Post a Comment