Tuesday 15 October 2013

Mi Amor-part 6


It was my turn to serve the ball. I glanced at him for one last time. With all my strength I hit ball right at him. He dropped the catch. I felt good. So I did once more. I targeted him with my hits becoming more hard and harder to bear. My last throw hit his shoulder badly. Everyone gathered him to see if he was fine. But I stayed without feeling any remorse.

My cousin barged at me. “How dare you? Didn’t you even think twice before hitting him? He could have fractured his shoulder. I know you are angry  Let me get this straight  : What was between you and Ashish is over!  He loves me now and is marrying me. Get over this soon. It will be better for you.” , she snapped. My face was flushed with embarrassment. My body was numb at what she said. I felt Shaggy’s hands embrace me. I turned towards him and hugged him tight. I shed my emotions in form of salty tears. “That was bit harsh from your side. But what you did was fine. I hope you got your hidden frustration out. How do you feel now?”, he asked. His voice comforted me. I no longer felt alone and lost. I had a friend who was there with me always. However this didn’t strike me then. It took me few days to realize that how blessed I was to have Shaggy in my life.

I was carrying the diamond with me whole time while I was searching for it in wrong places. After that incident I was banned by my cousin to attend the wedding. I was ridiculed by my family for my behaviour. While everyone was taunting me for what I did, Shaggy stood by. But these grey feelings didn’t stay long. I was accepted after a lot of apologies and sweet promises of not being bad. As for Ashish, he took my childish behaviour with happy attitude.

Days pass so soon. The vacation was coming to an end. I bid emotional farewells to my family while leaving with Shaggy. However Shaggy remained their pet. They said that they wouldn’t miss me so much than  they would miss Shaggy. My granny cried like baby and this continued until Shaggy made promises to her to call her twice a day. So mean! I never got any such royal treatment even though I was their own blood.

The flight was on time. We were ready to fly to our so called home. We were busy talking our nonsensical stuff when I confessed to him, “ You are a diamond! I wouldn’t have done this without you.” “ OMG! Is this Lee- who is always complaining about me being a complete jerk?”, he joked. “ Shut up! You are a jerk! Who takes praises and appreciation in wrong way?” I smiled.  We got into one of our playfully fight when an air-hostess intervened us. We got back to our normalcy behaviour.

I was busy listening to music while he took out his mystery book and scribbled some Spanish words. I always wanted to know what he wrote. I tried to steal his book many times but I never understood his native language. Ah! I wish I knew this language .. I could disclose what he wrote in that black and golden stripes mystery book.

( To be continued)


No comments:

Post a Comment