Sunday 28 July 2013

Once upon a time ... Part 5 c




It was gloomy morning. The routine work had taken toll on Maxim. He was in no mood to work. But he forced himself on to the work. Tigger’s grumpiness added to his so called bad day. 

As per schedule, he took Tigger for walk. However Tigger wasn’t in his best behaviour. Maxim had to force the lazy tiger with meatball treats. The walk was in one word … tiring for Maxim.

He had dropped Tigger to his safe abode. He was ready to leave for the day after completing other odd jobs. “ Stop!” someone shouted. He turned to see who it was. A lady in a red cloak stood. She carefully took out the hood from her head. He froze as he realised the identity of lady. “ Princess! What are you doing here?” he said with shocked expression. “ Take me to the fair. Fast! I don’t want anyone to see me here. I have only two hours with me.”, she said hurriedly. “ What about the rule that princess cannot go out?” he asked . “ Well, I am breaking that rule. Now stop talking….”,she said and grabbed his hand. They walked past the main palace entrance.

“ Who is that lady in the cloak?” one of the guard at the entrance asked Maxim. “ Oh! She is my cousin.”, Maxim replied. The guard smiled and let them go.

Princess was in cloud nine as her dainty feet touched the green path of the ‘outside world’. She took her out hood  when they were far away from the palace. “ Yippee!!  I feel so free!  I can’t believe I am out!” she screamed with excitement. Maxim was surprised and wondered, “ How anyone could be so happy and relieved with just being out?” 

The journey to the town of faraway land wasn’t too long. They had to cross the woods to reach the town.  Princess loved the beautiful sounds of chirping birds, the sight of innocent herd of deer running across them and gentle wind swinging the branches of trees. Maxim could see the excitement twinkling in her eyes.

At last they reached the town. The town was decorated by the celebration and joy among the people. It was fest in name of Princess Adele’s forefather who had founded the town. There was so much energy among the people. Princess Adele looked at people around her and thought, “ The outside world doesn’t look so horrifying like what mother said. It’s so beautiful.” 

(To be continued)

3 comments:

  1. Please I request to you to develop your characters a little bit more. And don't write your story in parts if it can be written at one go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback. Due to time constrain I am writing them in parts.I get only one hour to write one page.

      Delete
  2. I liked the girls expression about outside world. yr writing is getting better and better day by day.Best of luck...:)

    ReplyDelete