Wednesday 17 July 2013

The french bread-part 7




She was in her usual tees and skinny jeans. She wore the same radiant smile. Her cheeks glowed when she saw him. “Pierre! I never thought I would see you here.”, she said. She walked towards where he stood and gave him a friendly hug. “ I have missed you so much. So how are you?  What bought you here?“, she asked.

“ You!” he replied without regretting on what he said.  She released him from her embrace in shock. “What?” she asked in confusion.  “ You heard it right! It was you! I had come all the way from Paris to tell you something…that you need to know.”  She was still perplexed and a bit suspicious about his motives.

“ I have loved you when I first saw you. But I kept my feelings inside due to fear that I would lose you. So I had to become your ‘Bein amiee’ to get close to you. I..had come very near.. I mean I was at your place when I heard news of you getting married. I was broken and I had become a dead soul… and I got beaten up by some thieves and that’s how I met Davis. Now I don’t feel like leaving this place.” he added.

Rashmi’s eyes were red.  She fought against the tears wanting to pour out of her eyes. It took her sometime to realize what was happening. She was disillusioned by emotions and feelings. “Is this really true?  Is he my ‘Bein amiee’?”, she wondered. 

“ Why didn’t you tell me for all these years? If you were really scared, then why now? ” she asked. He knew she was going to react this way and he had no answer for her question. He remained silent. What was he supposed to say? He thought he was going to lose her. But it was too late. 

“ By the way I am not going to marry. I said ‘no’ to the proposal. I was in love with ‘Bein amiee’. ” she said , trying to ignore his gaze. But she couldn’t, she did look at him momentarily. There was certainly love in his eyes.  “Why didn’t I ever notice that?”, she wondered.

Her ‘ Bein amiee’ was indeed next to her and she never realized it. He had come for her. Her wish was finally fulfilled. 

His love did wait for him…maybe not but at least indirectly for him. He couldn’t control himself. He kneeled on his knees and said, “ I really love you. I promise to keep you happier than your ‘Bein amiee’.”
She couldn’t resist the offer. She bought herself down to hug him. As they were embracing themselves, they shared a passionate kiss. 

                                                              ********The End*********

1 comment:

  1. Nice story. Thank God at last they met. Happy ending and I am happy for them:)

    ReplyDelete