Sunday 14 July 2013

The french bread-part 3





He had been ringing the door bell hundredth time. Later he started banging the door. His hand had become swollen red when he got tired. Vivian was always at home. He either slept or hooked up with his laptop.  Three hours had passed and he should have opened the door. “Something must be wrong.”, he wondered.
 
“ Oh mon dieu!  What am I thinking? I have goddamn cell! I must call him. He must be out somewhere.” he thought.  He called his number. After few rings, he heard Vivian’s voice. “ Salut, mon pote! I was thinking about you.”, Vivian said animatedly. “ Where are you? I have been waiting at your doorstep for past three hours!” he exploded at him. “ Je suis desole! I am at Goa , shooting for an ad campaign. I didn’t know you were coming, man!” Vivian said.

“Sorry! I should have told you. I thought you would be here. I mean you told me that I could anytime to India. You will be there.” , he said , sounding disheartened.  “ Hey, I never thought you would take it literally. (Long pause) I will take the next flight and meet you at my place. You can sit in my neighbor place. Hopefully the old lady will be there.”, Vivian said. “Hey, don’t cancel your shoot!  I will make myself comfortable at the hotel.  One more thing! Don’t tell Camille.“ he said.  Vivian agreed after a long argument with him.

“ I should have called him! Now how will I get to a reasonable hotel? Ah! I hope I don’t get robbed again.” he scolded himself.  He hailed an auto and asked him to take to reasonable hotel. As usual the auto driver misunderstood Pierre’s reasonable accommodation to expensive one. He took him to a seven star hotel-Le meridian.  “Oh seigneur!  Why do Indians think that all white men are rich?” he said. The tone of his voice was so loud that auto driver turned and asked, “ What saar?” “Nothing. How much?” he replied.
Fortunately he had enough cash with him. Thanks to his over protective sister! She made sure that he didn’t suffer of bankruptcy. But he hated that! He disliked being dependent on his sister. He booked a room for a week. 

He had slept for the whole day. He didn’t bothered to change his clothes or have a shower due to tiredness. Suddenly the phone rang. He got up from the bed when he saw the name on his cell’s screen. It was Camille!  He answered her call. “ Hi Camille. I thought of calling you as soon as I reached.” “ Don’t tell me shit! I was so scared. Where are you staying?”she asked. “ Uhhh!! Vivian’s place” he lied. “ Lie! Vivian called me. You are not in his place. Where are you again?” she scolded him. “Se détendre! I have checked at a room in Le Meridian. “he said.  She took a deep breath and said, “ Ok! But do keep updating me about your whereabouts. Please, you could do me this tiny favour.” He promised her that he would tell her about everything.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment