Tuesday 9 July 2013

Suspicious wife-part 5


“What?? It’s too late for playing pranks, wifey. Now come on, let’s go.”,he said still smiling and hoping it was a prank. “You don’t understand…you never understand, do you? I. am. Not. Leaving.”, she said with clasped hands. 

Everyone was quiet. Her dad nodded his head in disappointment. He didn’t wanted to see his daughter end up like his sister. “ What is this misunderstanding going on? Could anyone explain me about this mess?” he interrupted the cold silence.

Disha, Luv and aunt looked at each other. They waited for someone to start. However it was Luv who put his view point first, “ Dad, I have no idea why she’s acting strange with me past few days. I thought it was one of her mood swings…” He hadn’t completed when frustrated aunt broke out, “Don’t act too smart! I know you men so well. How could you blame her ‘strange behavior’ on her mood swing? It’s all because of you and Lisa!”  Disha ran away from the scene as she was not able to stand any more arguments.

Her dad asked Luv to go and console Disha. She was sitting  on the swing at the garden. He quietly came and stood staring at her for a minute. He was loss of words  But he had to start somewhere and thus began haphazardly, “ Hmmm…I..Are you mad at me? I know you have full rights! I had messed up our romantic dinner.” “ You have no idea how difficult it was to get that reservation and..it was so tough to convince the manager to have me design the romantic dinner. You showed me that I was never part of your life. It was only about your work and Lisa!”,she cried. 

“Did you think I was cheating on you? No way! There was nothing brewing between Lisa and me. For heaven sake! She’s lesbian! She’s into girls. By the way, she has a steady girlfriend in New York. I always loved you! You are my first and last love of my life.” he said. “ Why didn’t you tell me that on first day ? I saw you hugging her at the mall.”, she said controlling her tears. “That! I forgot to tell you. There was a good restaurant in that mall. So we had taken our clients there. We left after our clients left. So all this snooping around in my office and wearing that ill-fitting dress was for me! I am sorry that I didn’t acknowledge you! I love you as you are. I don’t want you to change.” He said softly as he hugged and kissed her on the forehead.

As they were ready to leave, her aunt stopped them and said, “ You cannot take her. She may be naive but her aunt is not.” “ Stop it, Sunita. Let them go! All men are not same. It doesn’t mean that you had a bad life and so your niece will have one. Stop thinking negative always! They are happy with each other. I have found a good guy for my daughter. Trust Luv for sometime at least.” her dad said.  She realized that she was holding her niece from the happiness that she couldn’t have. She got away from their path and said, “ Keep her happy! Don’t let my baby cry.” They left home as one happy couple in total love.

                                                     **********   The end *********  

No comments:

Post a Comment