Thursday 22 August 2013

Affectus-part 1




Love happens instantly. It never gives you any sign of when it is comings. It just happens. But when it comes, it doesn’t tell you that it comes with many labels. One of them is pain. This remains in your relationship until you find another love. But what if your heart could never be mended? What if the pain still remains and reminds you everyday of it’s existence? What if you stop believing in love?

These were the questions that I never thought about when I fell in love. Now that it was gone, I was in total mess. Ah! Those were the days that would never come back. We met through common friends. Our budding friendship turned into a love story. He showered all love onto me. Things changed with time. Our love was evaporating into the thin air. We drifted apart from each other. There was a time when we couldn’t think of staying away from each other.

I was sitting at my usual adda- the place where I came to relieve my loneliness or I could say to self pity myself. The cause of my loneliness – his irregularity in messaging me or picking up my calls. I had been messaging him for past few days. He hadn’t responded to any of these. He had been ignoring me lately. This had taken a toll on me making me depressed. But I didn’t allow it to suppress whatever love I had for him.

So I sat on the ground of terrace of my apartment and was sliding the pictures on my Smartphone. We looked so happy and most importantly in love. They were taken during our first days. I would never  forget that. First days of a relationship are always special. You overlook all kinds of defects during those time. Love! It makes colour less picture look so perfectly beautiful.

The sound of my phone ring startled me from my seat. I had almost dropped my phone. I picked the call and to my relief, it was him. I felt kind of peace within me. “ Hi”, he said in his usual charming voice. “Hey darling! I was thinking about you. Why haven’t you responded to any of my messages or calls.”, I said desperately. “Hmmm.. sorry about that. Can we meet somewhere? I need to tell you something.”, he said.

Meet somewhere! These two words echoed in my head. What did he meant by ‘ meet somewhere’? I wished that nothing serious should happen.

(To be continued)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, i hope there is no heartbreak involved. Nice narration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! Do wait for the twists in the story ..hopefully u will enjoy it😃

      Delete