Thursday 29 August 2013

Affectus-part 5



The days had passed like flying cards. One year was gone in the wind. I was still the same me while he cherished life. I had heard that he was moving in with his current girl friend. His happiness spurned my heart. I was burning with jealousy and desires of changing the time back. However deep down my heart, I believed this desire would remain desire forever.

I started penning my feelings into words. I hid these words in a book that I carried around. This book had become my close friend with whom I could share my deepest secrets.

It was end of the year-time for celebrations. I was in no mood for all this. I had long time ago shut myself from all kind of happiness and celebrations. However my cousins dragged me to a party. The crowd nauseated me. I was not used to too many people surrounding me. I tried pushing myself out of the crowd.

The music was playing at highest volume. People were dancing like crazy. While I felt like lost puppy trying to get away. As I made my way through, I saw the unexpected thing-him. He was slow dancing with her in middle of dance floor. They looked very happy together. It took me back to the time when we slow danced like this. Those were the times when we had forgotten the whole world. What mattered to us was our togetherness. They ended their dance into a waltz pose. Everyone else stopped doing what they were doing and became their audience. After the dance, they clapped with some people hooting for them.

I couldn’t stand any longer. A minute longer would have killed me. I got away from the crowd and stuck with my book. I scribbled my fresh feelings into words. I painted them as per the directions of my mind. It hadn’t been long when my notorious cousin , Rahul , came from nowhere and snatched my book. He was reading it aloud as I chased him like an angry bull. “ Hey… this is nice. You do have panache for writing. I didn’t know my little sister was a hidden writer.”, he applauded me. I smiled shyly…Wait! Smile! I smiled for the first time! After all these days, I smiled !!
(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment