Monday 12 August 2013

Let go-part 7




As usual Jasmin was immersed into work, while she would glance sometimes at her team leader. He on the other hand was discussing animatedly about everything except work to new joinee. “ He was supposed to train them and there he was playing with them. Why are other being blind to his irresponsible behaviour?” ,she thought. After some time, she couldn’t take the toll and walked past him.

“ Aman, I need to talk to you alone.” , she whispered in his ears. He was surprised a bit, but later he agreed to seeing her alone. He saw her standing with her hands crossed and biting her lips time to time. “Hmmm… Let me get straight to you! You are sweet and friendly to all. That’s good! But it’s getting overboard. People like friendly team heads but at a point, they may start disobeying you. You need to be a bit serious.”, she advised. 

He simply ignored her words. He fixed his stare on her hands movements and the way she spoke the words. All these things amazed him. “ So you got what I said , right?” she asked after completing her speech  just like a presenter would do. He nodded his head without letting her know that he had not listened to single word she spoke.

The next day followed the same routine. She was on time ready with her bag and lunchbox.  As she pressed the lift with bored expression on her face, she felt a something pull her hand. She looked behind agitatedly. “ Hey what are you doing?” she scolded him.  “ We are having a small field trip. Boss arranged this for us to go.”, Aman lied. “ What! I don’t understand what field trip you are talking about. Why didn’t anyone tell me about this sudden plan?”, she said trying to understand what he was telling.

They were at the parking lot where he had parked his car. He took out his cell phone and dialed a number,“ Hi Babe! Tell boss I will not be able to make it up. Jasmin’s aunt is in the hospital because of an accident. I am off to see them. Poor Jasmin is devastated and needs my help.  Thanks babe, I will surely send condolences to her. See ya.” 

Jasmin nodded her head in disappointment. “ You lied to me! You said that this was a field trip. You also lied to boss about my aunt and me. How dare you? I am not going to be a part of  your silly plan. Count me out of this! I thought you were mature and you had understood what I was saying yesterday.”, she snapped at him.

“ Lord! How much you talk? Calm down! I am not doing anything wrong. I am actually doing favour to you. By the way, you are entitled to a break. You have been working your ass off. And even if boss would come to know about it, he wouldn’t mind. You do deserve a break.”, he said cooly, racing her temper even more with his words.

She was about to leave when he suddenly dragged her and put her inside his car. “ Do you always need to be dragged like this? God, I bow down to your aunt who has been tolerating you.”, he joked. “You know nothing about me.” she said scornfully and tried to open the locked doors. But before anything else could happen, he raced his car out of the office premises and to place where he wanted to show her how to have fun.

(To be continued)  

2 comments:

  1. Nice post -- would you like to follow each other .. I am following your blog, do visit my blog and do the same if you like it ..

    http://bhakti-pinkandeverythingthatgirlswant.blogspot.in/2013/08/every-smell-has-story-to-tell.html

    ReplyDelete