Tuesday 20 August 2013

Let go-part 11




They reached a small building located in the corner of the road. The place wasn’t deserted. There was a bus stop next to the area with few shops. The fence surrounding the building was made of brick with green blue algae that hid the original colour of brick. A familiar looking lady stood at the entrance. As they came closer, the lady became more and more known to Jasmin. “ Here we are!”, he shouted in excitement. But the excitement in Jasmin’s heart  died in minutes when they reached here. She had to force herself to witness her nightmare standing there. She wished this was all a dream. But it wasn’t. She blinked twice and pinched herself. Nothing had changed. Everything stayed there as it was.

On the other hand, the familiar lady was happy to see her daughter-Jasmin here after long ..long years. There was love in her moist eyes. She wanted to hug and hold her for a long time.

 “Why are we here?”, she asked sternly. Everyone was shocked to hear her ask that. “ Well.. Jazz!! I wanted you to meet Ms. Sairah. It's because of her for who I am now. She has been the pillar of my support. I was orphaned by my mother who was too poor to feed me. Sairah aunt raised me up and never let me feel alone.”, he explained.

“ She!! It’s a joke. She couldn’t even take care of her own kid. She took care of you! You have no idea what kind of woman she is- selfish and coward!” she raised her voice. Aman couldn’t take her accusation lightly. “ Don’t say that! You have no rights to accuse your mother.”, he scolded him. “ When did I say she was my mother, Aman? You knew about this?” she asked with folded hands and started expression.

He realized that he could no longer lie to her. “ Hmmm.. I knew you way before we met . There was not a single day, she didn’t talk about you. There was not a single day, she didn’t care about you. She would call Sarah every day to inquire about your well being. But she was sad to hear about how lonely and cold you had become. So Sarah called me here….” , he said softly. “ Oh!! So this was Sarah’s plan. She sent you in my life. Oh lord! And all this while I thought you were in love with me. So you were a toy sent to me by my aunt to keep me happy. I hate you, Aman. I knew you were a liar. But a liar sent by this treacherous woman, I hadn’t known.”, she cried.

Before Aman could speak anything, she left the place. She ran as fast she could. Aman tried to stop her but she boarded the first bus she got.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment