Wednesday 18 September 2013

Crushed-part 1


I was crushed by love when I first saw her. She was at the bus stand waiting for the bus like any other school girls. She was no more than fifteen. But she looked mature for her age. Her innocent chocolate brown eyes gleamed with pride. Her face was perfectly round like an orange. She had long and shiny black hair that swayed as she moved. Her lips curved into a smile at every joke of her friends.
Ah! Was this love? I never believed in love at first sight. But her demure personality was attracting me. I felt like an honey bee , thirsty for the nectar of the flower.

“ Rahul! Are you dreaming again? Get your ass here and help me to carry these luggage!” my brother shouted. I quickly got out of my temporary numbness caused by this sweet feeling. I walked up to my brother and helped him to carry his bags.

We were moving into a new locality. My brother wanted us to move into good neighborhood before travelling to London for work. I had no responsibility till now. My brother and mother solely took care of the family. Suddenly I was given duty to take care of the family as my mother was aging and brother was leaving.

Few days had passed. We were getting used to the new environment. We stayed at the first floor of the two storey house while our landlord were staying at the ground floor. Everything was going smooth. However I felt that something was missing. I blamed it on my dependency on my brother. I was not used to him not being around. Later I realized it wasn't about my brother. It was that girl. I missed looking at her. I hadn't seen her for many days since I first saw her.

But I controlled my feeling. I didn't know her name or where she stayed or who she was. How could I develop feelings for a stranger? Why I was yearning for someone whom I didn't know…who didn't know I existed.

A first glance at her had triggered such feelings. I wondered what it would be like if I saw her daily. I feared that it might crush me more.

(To be continued)

3 comments: