Tuesday 24 September 2013

Crushed -part 4

Atlast I was done with the impossible task-writing a letter. I could recall the words I had written after redrafting it many times.  The words were like this:

“ Dearest Preeti

I know what you would do after you have read the letter. You would probably not want to see me. You have given me respect and loved me like a brother. But I never considered you one since the day I first saw you. How could I forget that day? You were waiting for the bus with your friends. I felt my whole word turn 
upside down when I saw your beautiful eyes and breathtaking smile.

I know you are quite young for all this. You are not mature enough to understand all this. But I am ready to wait until you are old enough.

You must be wondering why am I telling you all this. I don’t have answer for this. I don’t know why am I writing this. But I feel that you should know how I feel about you. I don’t want to scare you. I am not forcing you into any relationship. I just want to be close to you. I always want the good for you. So it’s your choice to accept my love or ignore me.

But you will always be in my heart irrespective of any decision you make. You  are the sweetest thing that ever happened in my life. I will always love you.

Hope you don’t neglect your studies because of all this. I want you focus on your studies. As I said I always want good for you, you can come to me for any advices. I am ready to help you. Hope this doesn’t change anything between us.

Love
Rahul”

A dilemma began on how to hand the letter to her. I had scrapped all the ways of delivering the letter. If I had handed it through her friend, she would be a hot topic for gossip for girls. Obviously I couldn’t hand it to her father! So I had to give it to her directly. But whenever I tried to give her the letter, I would develop a cold feet.

One fine day I was in hurry. I had to visit my friend who was admitted in the hospital. I had planned to give her a test on algebra. I quickly handed her question paper with all trust on her that she wouldn’t copy when I was away. I wasn’t very far when I realised that I had given the letter instead of the question paper. I hurried to her house. But it was too late.


(To be continued)

1 comment: