Monday 23 September 2013

Crushed -part 3


I looked at my geeky self in the mirror.  Love was written all over my face. I tried to compose myself. But whenever I tried that, my deepest feelings would surface on my face. How was I going teach her? What if she reads my deepest emotions and feelings during the course?  My heart pulled me back from going. But I had given my word to my landlord.

I was right on time at their place. “ Hi son! I am so glad you came. She will be here in a minute.”, my landlord greeted me with a big smile. “Preeti”, he called out her name. My conscious screamed loudly that it was a mistake coming here. My heart beat slowly with every passing minute.

There she was dressed in casual tee and jeans. She looked pretty even in her plain Jain attire. “ Hi, I am Rahul” I said softly. “Hi… I know”, she said shyly, her eyes bent down. “Ok kid! You can keep yourself comfortable. Let me know if you need something, Rahul.”, landlord said.

“ So where do we start? Algebra or geometry! I heard you hate Math.”, I said trying to sound calm. She nodded yes. “ Ok… let’s start with easiest. Which one do you find easy?” I asked. “Geometry..I love the diagrams.”, she said.  We started with geometry with easiest problems first and then slowly to difficult ones.

She was amazingly smart and quick learner too.  Beauty with brains!  Every day I got to know something new about her. She was mystery revealing new colours daily.

I knew she treated me with respect and seen a brother in me. But my feelings for her was different …special. It was something more. I had to express it someway. I decided to write a letter.

It took me days to draft a letter that expressed my feelings. I felt it was the dumbest thing I ever did. I started writing. I didn’t know how to start. Should I begin with dearest or simply her name-Preeti?  What should I say? Should I say that her beautiful eyes and innocent face had captured my heart? Wouldn’t it sound a bit romantic? I had wasted around fifteen pages to write one simple letter.


(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment