Monday 2 September 2013

Affectus-part 6



I was outside for the first time over these few months… away from my four walled closet. I was at my cousin’s theatre production house. He had made many successful plays and was looking out for something fresh. So his quest for fresh script stopped at my footstep. I had rejected his offer to make me as official writer of his play. Crap ! Right! That’s what you might think. When opportunity knocks at your doorstep, you grab it.. you don’t bang the door on it. Yes! I was wrong about rejected his offer. But what could I do? I didn’t feel confident with myself. I had lost trust on myself. I stopped loving myself.

My family was known for their adamant nature. So my cousin didn’t leave me. He pursued me until I said yes. Now I was here with my writing. He got me to read my story to other members of his huge team.

The story was about two individuals who were deeply in love with each other. They made promise to get married after protagonist of my story leaves for the war. Unfortunately when he comes back, he sees that he had lost his love in the war. It was a story of heartbreaks and love.

The story had moved people in the room. They narrowed down to my story after looking into other scripts. They auditioned for the casts for the play. The rehearsals began quite early than their schedule. Now that I was the writer, my cousin asked me to assist him with the play. Thus I had no choice, but accept it. 

I was spending all my time with the crew of the play. Sometimes we would end up sleeping at the theatre. I was enjoying every bit of what was happening. My life was changing. Now the dullness was replaced by shining happiness. I was happy again. My heart was beginning to heal. I got a new purpose in my life. 

There were downs too like expenses would overleap the budget or the actors wouldn’t cooperate with scenes or set wasn’t decorated according to planned design. But it didn’t affect me. It would sound strange that I was the one who would get people to work together with motivational messages or at least solving their problems. I couldn’t believe it was the same me who would emotionally burst out and cling on my ex boyfriend’s shoulder.

I was back with bang as people told me. The play was ready to be showcased. Everything went well with few glitches. People liked the play. The theatre was overbooked for weeks due to word of mouth. With this , I signed a contract with my cousin to be his official writer for his plays.

And for my ex boyfriend, life wasn’t bed of roses for him. I had heard that the girl ( for whom he had dumped me) dumped him for his irresponsible and emotional outburst. The same reasons that he had used while breaking up with me. When I got to know about this, I laughed it loud. It made feel better in strange way. He did come to get me back in his life. But I didn’t accept him. I was now in love with my new life. Heartbreak did change me into a better person. It wasn’t bad after all.

                                                ******** The end********

No comments:

Post a Comment