Monday 30 September 2013

Mi amor-part 2


The driver was a tough looking guy. He had already gone out of his car and marched towards us. But before he could grab the hold of Shaggy’s color. He drove the  vehicle to maximum limit.

He was greeted with warm welcome by my family. He had charmed my family with his happy go lucky attitude ( I don’t know where he gets that. I am hundred percent sure that it was not from his family’s genes. I once visited his family. Contrary to his flamboyant nature, they were more reserved and conservative.) He instantly became a part of the family.

“So when are you giving me the grand tour of the city? I have not come here to sit all day long.”, he said. Twenty four hours had passed since he had come. He was no longer jet lagged. “ Where do you get that energy from?” I asked. “ Come on you lazy bump! I don’t have time to answer all of your questions.”, he said and dragged me out of my bed.

Ah! I had to carry a history literature books with me to explain him every places and it’s significance. Why , how and what was his infamous questions for which I had no answer. He made me look like the founder of 
my city.

At last we halted at the café. I was dead tired of answering his nonsensical questions. Thank god! He didn’t 
ask the history behind the existence of the café. So we ordered for sandwiches and lemonade- a perfect combo to relive us from heat emitted from the sun.

“ So what next?”,he asked. “ Aren’t you tired?” I replied back. “ No … the day isn’t over. What about the
night life?”he said. “Oh lord! Do you want to see everything today itself? Let’s go slowly.”, I said calmly. He nodded his hand forcefully like a child who has been forbidden to buy a candy.

I wished for the hours to go slowly. But it didn’t. I saw Shaggy,the grown up child jumping around me during the evening. “ It’s still 4 pm. All the clubs and discs are only open by 8.”I said. He kept quiet for some time and pulled my hand all of a sudden.

It wasn’t still 8 and more than 15 minutes were left for the club Enigma to open. I kept complaining to him about his stupidity in not listening to me. We stood in front of the club looking like beggars. The security guard took pity on us and let us inside the club.

Few hours had passed when he asked me a question, “Are you ok? You are not yourself from past few days.” “ What makes you think I am not myself?” I asked back. “You used to love being outdoors. Here I find you so confined to your solitary life. You keep complaining about going out.”, he said, sounding concerned about my well being. This stunned me.

Did I really stopped liking outdoors? Did I enjoy being alone? Why do I feel so irritated when he said that I confined myself to solitary life? What was the cause of all these feelings? I had no answer for all this questions. It was wandering around my head like the scavangers.


(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment