Wednesday 20 May 2015

Bed of Roses - Part 23


I felt awkward. Awkward with my own husband ? Strange !! I do love him. Maybe I stopped expecting these moments. I was satisfied with the feeling of being ignored. This sudden attention should have made me happy. But I wasn't. It felt strange. Questions like why and what ran inside my mind.

I needed answers and I wasn't brave enough to ask him. I never questioned him. I sat while he got up and sang songs of love. It was an ironic of why he was singing or whom was he singing for. If it was for me, why now? I felt suffocated and secretly walked out for some air.

I walked and walked till I realised that I had gone too far. I had lost my way. My legs ached. I felt to the ground and gradually took out my high heels. I nursed my feet as well my heart. I cried inside as I couldn't shed any tears.

It hadn't been long when I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder. I hoped it wasn't Aunt Sheila. I don't know how she understands my emotional vibes. Whenever I need a hug, she's always there.

I looked back immediately. Again I was surprised. It was him. Sorav! Here! He would be last one to understand anything that was measured by emotions and love. I consoled myself. I didn't want him to notice any kind of my emotional awkwardness.

"What happened , my love?", he said, brushing my cheeks. I was numb except my heart beat thousands times. "Nothing! I am not keeping well.", I lied. " You fine?", he asked. "No.. I am fine! I am tired. I think we should go home.", I lied again. He looked at me suspicious and held my hand while we walked towards his car.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment