Tuesday 12 August 2014

Red Roses - Part 29 c

I took too many deep breaths before I turned around to see who it was. It was him- the mysterious guy in the ball. I was struck by his presence. " Yes!", I asked softly with my head bent. Our eyes didn't meet.

He came closer towards me. I felt his cold breath. " Hello my lady! I was wondering if I could accompany you to your house. ", he said politely. His thick English accent reminded me of his status in society.

"Thank you. But I prefer to walk alone. I don't like to be accompanied by stranger.", I declined his offer. I headed towards my way home. " You don't like being accompanied by strangers but you like dancing with one of them.", he said. I stopped mid way and turned to look at him.

His eyes were brown and green. He had charisma that attracted any girl he wanted towards him. He wore Regent hat that made him look taller than his actual height.

" You dragged me into that dreadfull dance.", I accused him. He smiled and said, "Ah! But you enjoyed it. Everyone witnessed it." " Pardon me! I need to leave. It is getting late.", I said as I walked away from him.

Next day I woke up , expecting for sunshine. Unfortunately detective Charlie was at my doorstep. My heart was thumping. I tried to be better host when my whole mind was engrossed into what was happening in his head. I didn't want him to sniff the ugly truth out.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment