Wednesday 20 August 2014

Red Roses - Part 29 g


I sulked. I Cribbed. I poured out my grief in company of beer. But nothing worked to reduce my lonely heart. I had freedom to do anything I want. Unfortunately my finances had dried. I had nothing except my soul to sell which I would never ever think of parting with.

I drank my last sip of beer. I looked outside. It was raining. The plants in my garden glowed as the raindrops fell on them. They seemed to enjoy few minutes of blissfulness unlike me.

I walked haphazardly towards the kitchen to pour myself another drink. Alas! My only companion had also left me to myself. I thrashed it in anger. I could barely stand when my legs gave way.

I dropped to my knees and started crying without any reason. I felt miserable at my condition. I thought deeply, " Was this an end to life I dreamt of?" A inner voice said no. I got up to my feet. Everyone deserved the best so do I. Why should I sit and cry for no reason when I have an opportunity... His offer was still open. I just had to be his mistress.

There was nothing wrong in that. I wanted money and he needed my company. I bid farewell to my goody two shoes and dressed my best to meet the devil.

After three days of hardships in the journey, I arrived at his place. I was tired. The freshness and glow had drained after that long dreadful journey. I looked for solace in duke's palace. I was hopeful that he still carried that offer.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment