Monday 18 August 2014

Red roses- Part 29 f

Who was this man? He had no right to invade my privacy. My anger was at the peak. I didn’t care where he came from. I only wanted him out of my house.. life. I stomped towards the door and showed him the way.  "You can leave me alone."I said rudely.

He didn't leave. He smiled and said, " Why are you running away from me,sweet pea? You know the benefits you will reap out of my company. You act like you are an angel but you know that you are no angel. Why would a woman like you kill her beloved husband?” I looked shocked. How did he know that I had murdered my husband?

“ I don’t understand! How dare you accuse me of killing my husband?", I yelled at him. " You are young. You like to live a life filled with fun and frolic. There are rumours that you despised his company. You were puppet in his hand who wanted to be free.", he said.

The truth out of his mouth pricked my heart. It was bitter and painful. My fury knew no boundaries. It was going to burst any moment, burning everything in it's way. "I want you to leave this very moment!", I screamed as I slapped him hard on his face.

His face was red. It was partly due to anger and partly due to embarrasment. He didn't wait and simply walked out, putting back his hat. He almost reached the gate when he turned to see me. " You are not thinking clearly now. But time will come when you will come at my doorstep. Don't worry my love, I will accept you with open arms.", he said.

I didn't respond, knowing that this will not end. Silence during these situation is the best. I banged the door. I stood , watching at the vacant space called my house. It was empty. I was the only thing.. living one that this house had. There was no laughter.. No chattering of people.. The only thing that existed in the house was the golden silence that had engulfed me into the life of loneliness.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment