Thursday 14 August 2014

Red Roses - Part 29 e


That was awful. How could anyone be so judgmental at the first meet itself?  I detested him though I was attracted to him. How could you hate a person but at the same time like them? I wanted him out of my house at this very minute. He saved me from the detective and his shooting questions. But I didn’t want him here.

“ I don’t need to prove my self righteous image to anyone.”, I said , showing him the door. He waited for sometime until he thought it was best for him to leave me.  Days passed and I didn’t see him or Charlie bothering me. Maybe I was too harsh to him or he must have understood that  I was not the type of lady whom he could toy with. The righteous part in me still existed though evil was growing in me.

I was consumed with the daily activities. The parties and other social gathering had become part of my life. With my new found wealth, I was spending it royally on clothes, fine dining and everything that enhanced my status in society. Money is renewable resource like water only if you have source that helps you to increase it. Well! I didn’t have any source of increasing my wealth other than my late husband’s leftover.

My resources were dwindling and I was getting more addicted to this newfound life filled with crazy mixture of rich and high profile life. But I didn’t care until I was hit by the brutal reality. I had no finances. My wealth was not sufficient enough to support my addiction. I was severely dependent on my friends for money, making false promises of paying them back.

One fine morning, I woke up to shrill noise of the bell. The house was empty now. I had relieved my servants and furnitures to pay off old loans in order to take new one. So I rushed to search for few shillings to pay my debtor. After bringing the house down, I found a coin. I walked to the main door and opened it to see him standing at the doorstep.

I opened my mouth to say something and closed it immediately. “ Good morning, Mrs Gilliard”, he said. I tried to bang the door at him but he was already inside the house. “ What do you want?”, I screamed. My voice echoed. “ Nothing! I only need your graceful company by my side.”, he replied politely. I glared at him with disgust. He didn’t say anything wrong. But the evil in me had just woken up. The angel within me still existed somewhere in my heart.  

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment