Monday 25 August 2014

Red Roses - Part 29 i

 stared at those blue eyes. They shined and reflected hope of new life. I looked down shyly. What will he say if I tell him that I was ready to accept his offer? What if he mocked me or slam the door at me ! 

I searched for words to explain the reason I was here. I was embarrassed. "I am here to accept your offer.", I said meekly. My voice was soft and low for him to hear. " I am here to accept your offer,mister. I thought that this was fine opportunity for young women like me. Please accept my apology for my ignorance and rude behavior.", I repeated the words in firm tone this time.

He smiled. It was an evil smile that shook my soul inside. " Lucianne! Oh my dear Lucianne! You didn't have to walk many miles to tell me this. You could have sent someone to inform me and I would have readily offered my carriage to get you here.", he said.

He held my hand and pushed me closer to him. I could feel his heart beat. It was like drums making a symphony. At once I  felt happiness knocking at my doorstep. My dreams became clearer. I was alive again.

I didn't regret of becoming his  mistress. I had chosen this. He would shower me with luxuries that I had only dreamt. The only thing he wanted from me was my gracious company.  Yes! I also got the scornful looks of people , nasty rumors about me stealing Dutchess's man and remarks about my character. But people do speak about you even if you do good or bad.

I didn't care. I was happy that I could enjoy life with no expectations. Being wife had set of expectations while the mistress had no such expectations. But every happiness came with a price.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment