Wednesday 18 December 2013

Consensual-part 3


I was not myself that day. I closed myself from the whole behind the four walls. I had to deal a lot of emotions and that voice kept pulling me down. Why? Why didn't he come? Did he forget or was it on purpose? I felt an urge to call him. But I controlled it. Who am I to him? Nothing! A girl who was in love with him with no expectations. He was never close to me. We hardly spoke.

I kept to myself for few days. I was distant to everyone though it didn't matter to anyone. Food and water was tasteless to me. I hardly felt like eating. Or I could say I hardly felt.

Few days later I saw the miracle approaching towards home. He was in usual tees and black jeans. The clothes were too lose for his skelton body. He had worst dressing choice. Who could wear faded green shirt with weird wordings? Gross! But his smile was more than enough to turn me into his puppy.

I was in the balcony , observing him walk towards the doorstep. As our eyes met, my cheeks reddened. It felt like the epic scene from Romeo and Juliet where I was Juliet anxious of her Romeo.

I walked downstairs hurriedly. There he was with my dad, talking about how the world and politics have changed. As he looked at me, I felt my skin tingle. My heart was beating fast. My mind became blank.

"Shruti, see who has come here to meet you.", my dad called. I was so glued into him that I didn't hear my name being called. "Hi", I said in faint voice. "Hey! Wassup kiddo!", he said. I sat next to my dad. I didn't speak word. Thanks to my dad! He did most of the talking. I prayed for some work to arrive so that dad could leave and I could have privacy with him.

Why did he call me kiddo? I was not a kid. Am I to him? The phone rang admist of the dad's conversation and my thoughts. I picked it up. It was for dad. I gave him the receiver. While he spoke on the phone, I gazed at my love. I gazed at his eyes, looking for the answer for that day.

" I have some work, kid. Meet you sometime.", dad said. I was overjoyed that he was leaving at last. In fee minutes, he and I were alone in complete silence.

How do I ask him? Should I ask him first? I had no experience in all this stuff. But someone had to do the talking.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment