Thursday 19 December 2013

Consensual - part 4

"So how's life, kiddo?" , he asked, breaking the silence. Life! It's miserable without him. Well! I couldn't tell that. Why does he keep calling me kiddo. I am not a kid.

"Good! College is over at last.", I said, trying to sound friendly although my voice was too weak to prove that.

"You are free now. You must be having a blast with your friends.", he said excitedly. Enjoyment is nothing without him and friends... I have distanced from them when my heart was not with me. "Dad asked me to assist him with some official work. So I am starting from tomorrow.", I said. "Oh! That's boring. You should enjoy your life more. Work will be there but make fun a part of your life.", he adviced.

I nodded my head as if I was going to introduce fun into my life now. Fun was out of my life for quite sometime. But if he comes into my life, I would get fun back.

As I thought about our equation, a voice screamed inside my head, asking when I would tell him about my hidden feelings. " I ... I had called you that day . You didn't come. I guess you were busy with some work.", I said, hoping that I wasn't rude.

"That day... Oh! I am sorry, love. I was busy with few things and the meeting was out of my mind.", he said, making baby face that he had forgotten about it. "Anyway,you wanted to tell me something!", he added. I was surprised that he remembered at least about what I wanted to meet him for.

I got all my courage to tell him about my true feelings. But my heart ached to tell them. "I.. I..I", I stammered. "What is it, kid? You can tell me freely. I won't bite you.", he said. I mustered the courage to highest level and said with closed eyes, " I love you!" I opened my eyes slowly to see the reactions. My fingers were crossed. I waited for him to speak. He looked stunned. Later he gave his usual charming smile. This confused me. What did that mean? Did he feel the same way as I did?

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment