Tuesday 24 December 2013

Consensual -part 7


I couldn’t take it anymore. I felt difficult to breathe. All this was suffocating me. I had to get away. I was in rebel mode. I walked out of the gathering. It wasn’t too far when I felt something pull my hand. I looked behind to see him hold my hand to stop me. His eyes were filled with red flames of anger. It was no longer sea blue.

“Where are you going?”, he asked , holding my hand tight. I felt the pain and tried to free myself. Even though he was skinny, his grip was really strong. “Leave my hand. You are hurting me.”, I said softly. “I won’t leave until you tell me where you going?”, he said stubbornly. I felt the tears rush out of my eyes. I controlled it. “ Why do you want to know? You don’t love me. Why?”, I said, trying not to break down. However my emotion affected my voice.

“Stop creating scene! You think that if you leave, everything will be fine. No! Don’t make me look bad. See, I was never into you. I have been straight with you about my feelings. You don’t know me very well. How can you call this love? Get over it, girl.”, he said.

“I will not go. Leave me alone!”, I screamed. He pulled my hand and dragged me against my wishes. I cried the whole way. We were greeted by our families while dad looked suspiciously quiet. The music had stopped. There were no more friendly chats except for gossip whispers in the crowd. We were in spotlight.

His dad , Shantaram Uncle came close to us and slapped Praveen hard. His cheek was swollen and red. We didn’t understand the commotion and stood stunned. My dad walked out and didn’t say much. Mother pulled me and followed dad. I was still disillusioned by recent episode. What was that? Why were there not talking about it? Did they … No, don’t tell me they got to know about us.

(To be continued)



No comments:

Post a Comment