Sunday 29 December 2013

Consensual- Part 8


I had no courage to ask what was going on. Hey! I knew what was going to happen. I was going to be doomed for the sin I did. I knew dad would send me to faraway place where I would learn to stay within my boundaries. Mother was not going to talk to me for some time.  People would talk about me and disorient the news about me. Praveen! What would happen to him? He was going to be in wrong limelight because of me. I hate that!
I sat alone in my room. I was forbidden to have any contact from outside world. The only people I ever had contact to were my maids who bought me food. But I hardly could eat. I was having mixed bag of feelings- I was scared as well as anxious. I wanted to know what was cooking behind these walls.
I would try to get the news from my maid. But they refused to give in any details. I stayed clueless for many days about my future. I spent my days in hope of when sun rays would appear at my door. One fine day, I saw my dad come to my room. I got up excitedly like an overjoyed kid who had got a new toy. But at the same time, I felt pain about what was going to happen. I prayed that every single minute that was going to pass to be a positive one.
“ i am ashamed about what took place. I never expected that you, my obdient child would stab me from behind. I always got you the best things you wished for. What did you give in return ? Pain ! Grief! Disappointment! I am very unhappy with you. I will never forgive you.”, he said, wounding my heart more.
However his words were right. i did wrong. I couldn't control my heart. I blamed myself for whatever I had caused. If and only if i had controlled myself that day, this wouldn’t have happened. I started crying. I didn’t try to defend myself. My dad kept on talking. “ Now what has happened cannot be changed. We , elders have made a decision. ( long pause). We are getting you married next month.”, he said.
I was shocked..shell shocked! I didn’t know how to react.  I was disillusioned. I didn’t whether to be happy or sad. i was neither confused nor did I understand anything. What was happening? Why were we being married. I tried to voice in my opinion. But i knew I didnt have any say into this.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment