Monday 8 September 2014

Red Roses- Part 29 j

Expectations! What were those? I didn't know until love started dying away. When love is there, it binds two people and makes everything look rosy and sweet. As days pass, things tend to become clear and so does love. The sweet feelings turns into bitter bondage and you start searching ways to get out of it.

I enjoyed the bliss ness of the relationship. The Duke would shower love in form of gifts, status and life that I craved for. I got everything without having to work for it. Life was beautiful and exciting. 

I told you that everything came with a price. I was a bloody mistress in eyes of society. I was disgraced and respect was a faraway friend of mine. He stopped accompanying me when the rumours spread in the town. He didn't want to be seen with me in order to protect his image. I merely became showpiece at his house.

I accepted my fate. I was to live a life of doll. Dressing up and being his muse was what he wanted. I gave him and in return he gave me life I desired. But I would hardly get his time and attention. He would come to his mansion only when he wanted to spice up his life.

I would spend the rest  of days at the gardens , trying to make sense of the life I was living. As I thought, things became clear. I was a puppet in his hands just like the one I had been years ago. Well I was forced into it years ago and now I chose it.

I couldn't get out of this life. I was addicted to it. One fine day, I woke up to reality. I was his mistress without a name. I wanted more. So when he came home, I was there with my new found desire. I asked him, " I want something that is precious than gold."

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment