Thursday 19 February 2015

The Best (WO)man- Part 2

Yes! I was going to do everything to break their marriage. A marriage that was not destined to happen. I was excited. I had lot of work to do. I had outlined plan for every day and every minute. I had become the little Dexter until I told Ravi, one of my best friends. The excitement made me Dexter's big sister Dee Dee. When I told my plan to Ravi, he scolded me.

Ravi was not too good in keeping secrets. The secret was out in form of rumors spread by my disloyal friend. Everyone tried to stop me. But I was me.. the adamant.. the arrogant me didn't listen to anyone. They thought I was out of my mind. I loved my brother. His happiness mattered to me.

Few days later, I received tickets from Augustus. My flight was scheduled next week and his wedding was one month from the day I reach his place. So that means I had one month to wreck this wedding. The week passed by. Ravi and others tried to persuade me to forget about my super amazing plan. But I didn't leave and left to New York.

I reached the airport with jet lag sans all the goodies sent by my dear mom. The customs took all in name of policies of what should not be bought to the country. Whatever! I don't think Augustus would have enjoyed having them. His taste buds were accustomed to bland foods unlike our tangy flavored dishes. Anyway , Augustus was thrilled to see me and with him was his wrecked fiance.

As usual I hugged him and completely ignored her. She didn't mind. She was totally engrossed in staring at her gaudy nail colour. Augustus tried to break the ice between us. He formally introduced me to her and she said, " Oh Baby! I know her. (looking at me) You are the one who got dumped by some guy, Rhea was dating.". Not again, the bitch had managed to attack the soft spot. I smirked at her.
 
We chatted for long hours while he was driving. She sat boringly staring at the running motion of the world as we moved. The discussion continued until I asked him who was his best man.He told me it was her brother .I was annoyed. We had made promises that I would be his best man during his wedding, While he took it lightly, I took it seriously though I knew a woman has never been a best man to a groom.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment