Tuesday 9 September 2014

Red Roses- Part 29 k

" Will you marry me?", I asked. He stared at me as if I had asked him his whole world. He remained quiet until he started laughing. His laughter was mocked me and broke my ego into pieces. I quietly got up. I was hurt.

                     **************
It had been two days since I had spoken to him. It made him miserable. He tried his best to break the ice. When dinner time approached, he lost his patience. " You have everything. Name, fortune and life you always dreamt. What else do you need? Will you punish because I don't want to marry you. This is ridiculous!", he said.

" Ridiculous! I am only asking you for your name. That's all! I am not asking you for whole mountain.", I argued. He nodded his head in despair and stared hard at me. " I am not marrying you, love. I cannot have another family when I already have one. I cannot betray my wife.", he said coldly. 

" You can betray your mistress though. This is not fair. Why should I bear the brunt of everything? ", I cried. He didn't console me with his sweet words. He simply left me with bitter silence.

I had to accept my brutal fate again. I had no options. After that disgraceful event, he never saw me for days. I was upset. So I decided to indulge in such activities that would bother him.

I began to attend various events where I showered my attention to my unrequited lovers. They were happy and kept me happy. The news about my infidelity was spreading fast. I wasn't bothered about the consequences. I wanted that. 

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment