Wednesday 17 September 2014

Red Roses - Part 30

After Duke, I never stopped. I bought in many souls and filled Grimm's quota. Grimm didn't let me down. He rewarded me by giving two bodies- Lucy and Fern. I also got my new names. 
     
******* The end of Lucianne's story *****

Arjun was perplexed. He didn't know whether to feel sorry for Lucy or mock at her. He learnt one thing- every devil was not born as a devil. It is only their actions that make them one. 

"I am sorry that you have gone through a lot. But why are you taking your revenge on the innocent? You punished Duke! Now it's time to get over it.", he said. Lucy and Fern stared at him with anger. It was like as if he had stolen something from them. 

Lucy got closer to Fern. A light appeared from nowhere between them. Their bodies were getting converged and formed into real Lucianne. It didn't look good. Fern's charred body reflected the a part of Lucianne's burnt body while the other unaffected part reminded him of her once lost beauty. 

" This is how I look! No one ever cared about my death, so why should I ? I won't stop until the fury inside me cools down.", she cried as she walked closer to him. She grabbed his collar and stared hard at him. 

For the first time, he felt the pain she was going through . For the first time, he became aware of fear. For the first time, it made sense - what she was going through. For the first time, he realised that she was hero .. a broken angel who chose the wrong path.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment