Tuesday 21 May 2013

Before it started-part 4




They were smiling and playing pranks on each other. Rose felt left out and invisible in front of them. She was about to leave when Nadia grabbed her hand and said, “I am so sorry. It is so immature of us to leave you behind. By the way, we wanted a favor from you.” “What favor do they want from me? I wish I didn’t come today.”, Rose wondered.

“Hmmm.. where do I start, Rose? Nadia and I love each other very much. We have become like one soul and two bodies. It’s just that our religion is coming in between us. Our parents wouldn’t agree on our relationship. They will try their best to separate us. So we have decided to run away and get married. However, it will be only possible if you help us.” he said. Rose was shattered. How could she help the person she loves the most do such unthinkable act?  “Don’t you have any other option? Running away would show that you are a coward. You haven’t done anything wrong. Why don’t you both discuss with your parents? They will listen to you.”, Rose said
.
 “No Rose! We have tried to tell them many times. They ignored us and now they are overreacting. They have tried many ways to stop us. They have prohibited me to go to college or anywhere outdoors. You don’t know how much trouble I had to take to come here. The only way I can be with me is through phone. Unfortunately I have to steal my sister’s phone and call him. They also tried to threaten …his life! Please (sniff) Please help us!” Nadia said and couldn’t even complete her sentence due to uncontrollable tears rolling down her cheeks. He consoled her and begged, “Please Rose. You are our only option. Please help us.”

She couldn’t see him begging her and said, “I need some time to think about this.” She left the place hurriedly.  She couldn’t sleep the whole night and the day’s events replayed again and again. She couldn’t erase the memory of him begging her. She had no idea about what she wanted to do. Her heart and mind were constantly arguing their sides. Her heart said that she should help them. Her mind said that she should go and tell their families about their plan. She had to choose right one. Thus the only way she found was reading the Bible. It had all answers for question. She felt that it would guide her to right path. 

As she flipped through the pages, she read something about god and love. God always preached love among his followers. He always said that love prevails in everything. She got her answer. Yes! She would support love. She decided to help them unite for love.

Next day she met them to tell her decision. “Thanks Rose! We are really indebted to you.” , they said after hearing her decision. “ I want you to promise me something… Promise me that you will take care of each other and stand strong against all the turbulence.” .she said. They promised the same to her. 

For the first time, her smile lit up on her face. She was genuinely happy for both of them. She prayed to god that nothing separates this beautiful couple. Would god listen to her prayers? Was there something really bad going to happen?

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment