Tuesday 28 May 2013

The perfect date -part 4

They were at one of speakeasy bars. It was an old underground dungeon used by treacherous men to hide their illegal business. After a few years , it was rebuilt into popular bar. However, the bricks with bullet marks were the only remains of that era.
Her mind didn’t stop cajoling her to ask him about all those doubts about him. “Can I ask you something?” she asked at last. He nodded yes. She drank last sip of martini and said, “How do you know so much about me? What an arse I am? You are a vampire. You have those magical powers to get to know me so well in a day. You can read my mind too. But I don’t understand one thing-if you wanted to have me for supper, then why the hell are you cheering me up?”  
“That’s a good question. You remind me of her…my love..Caroline. She was just like you-mysterious and charming. I almost died to keep her alive. Unfortunately that never happened.Hmmm it took me several years to mend that void in my life. After seeing you last night, I felt euphoric at last.” , he said.
She looked at him and thought , “How long has he been like this?” It didn’t take him seconds to answer that question in her mind and said, “122 years and 15 days precisely.”  She hated when he read her mind so easily.
He didn’t want to dwell into his long forgotten past. Nonetheless, his healed wound opened and the painful past replayed again in his mind.
It was 1890s when he was Lord Arthur’s only son, Augustus. He was sitting at the same place as he was now.  His friend had bought him by luring him into adventure that was present in this dungeon. The place was filled with rough and cruel men. There were women too who were mostly prostitutes bought for entertainment. But there was one woman who captured his interest. She was standing at the other side of the dungeon. She looked pretty and innocent for the place. In the other words, she was misfit.
At that moment he knew he had lost his heart to this stranger. It was love at first sight. He got up and tried to push himself into crowd towards her side. She was gone as soon as he reached. Where was she? Where did she go? He looked at all his direction to find that mysterious girl.
(To be continued) p

No comments:

Post a Comment