Tuesday 7 May 2013

The flashback - part 2




Oh god! What do I do? I don’t want to see him. I should better leave. As I contemplate with my heart, the memories of that dark painful night arise in front of me.

 Ahh !! That night!! It was beautiful one with milky moon shining above us. It was perfect set up of romantic night. Unfortunately it was our last night of togetherness. He stood staring hopelessly at me. “Don’t stare at me like that. Say something, dammit!!”  I said with shock to hear my shrieking voice. “What do I say? Priya. You know we want different things in life. We have different lifestyles. We don’t fit into each others lives. Try to understand, Priya! We need to break up. “ he said shamelessly. Each words he spoke tore me apart.  “ How could you… after 2 years being together you say that I don’t fit into your life. Why Raghu? Are you tired of me? Did you find someone new in your life? “ I cried. My face had become red with hot tears and bitter betrayal. I took some time to control my wounded feelings and said,” So this is what you want? Ok !!  From now on, Raghu , U are free man. I release you from this burdened relationship.” I left before he could open his mouth. It took me so many months and years to get over him. But still a part of me yearns for him.

As I recover from my torturous flashback, I hear my son’s name being called repeatedly. I console my heart and take deep breaths.   It’s going to be simple. I am going to act as if nothing happened between us…just like strangers. This is going to be only for few minutes.

I open the door and see him sitting on the other side of the room. He hasn’t changed a bit. He is still that organised and clean. He loved having his things kept in order. He looked up to me with a mixed look (bit of shock and happiness) He shifted his gaze towards my son and asked, “Hey kiddo, what happened? Why do you look so dull?” “ He has been having terrible stomach pain from morning. He has been vomiting too much.” I said.  He asked my son to open his mouth and checked. After a thorough checking his stomach, he said , “ Food poisoning. I guess you should have listened to your mom. Sometimes what your mom says is for your good, child. There were too many germs in that ice cream. Eat well so that you will get strength to fight those germs.” He said with a smile. My son smiled weakly and nodded at him.

Why isn’t he looking at me or speaking to me? He was the one who broke my heart. Is he guilty? I wonder what is going through his mind. Well, who cares? I sit patiently while he writes down the prescription.

(To be continued)

2 comments: