Tuesday 14 May 2013

The hope -part 5




Ram’ heart was broken when he learnt that Meenakshi would not be with for a while. When she shared the bad news with him, he simply told her that he will wait until Amit was fine. He knew waiting was going to be really painful. He only wished that he didn’t have to wait for longer time. 

The days passed faster and her visits got lesser. He wasn’t surprised by her less presence. He assumed that her husband needed her full attention. But his assumption wasn’t true. She had started developing feelings for her husband. Was this feeling real or simply humanity? She tried to make herself understand about torturous life she had with Amit. How could she forget that easily?, she wondered. She decided at last that it was better to break off the relationship with Ram. Was it worth it? Ram was the one who stood with her during the hard times. It would be terrible to break his heart. However she had no choice with her.

Ram was struck by her sudden decision. “ What??? I think it’s all Amit’s plan. He must have put all this shit into your head. You don’t have to do this. He has never been there for you. Leave him and come with me. Amit will give you nothing except pain.” ,he pleaded. She nodded her head in dismay and said, “I have no choice. I hate breaking your heart but I have to. I can’t leave my husband. He needs me more than you do. His family is good for nothing and they won’t look after him.” Ram was furious and he left without saying anything. He didn’t want his fury to burn her down.

She called him many times after that unfortunate day. He didn’t pick up. However he missed her terribly. He was angry with Amit. He couldn’t digest the fact that Meenakshi didn’t need him anymore. He felt betrayed.

She was going to meet him after a long time. She wished that he was back to his original self.As usual her wish didn’t get fulfilled. He looked sullen and weak. His eyes were weary and tired. She blamed herself for his condition. “ You don’t look good. Are you fine?” she said. “ Do you think I will be fine after all this? Don’t ask me stupid question when you know that I am not fine” he scolded. “ Well, you cannot take decisions like that. You didn’t even think how I would feel if you left me. I will not sit quiet while you simply leave me .(with sly smile) You rubbed wrong side of me. You have no idea about who I am. I have many proof of our relationship that could tear apart your life.”,he continued.

She had no idea of what she was going through. She was stunned by this image of Ram. She never knew that her best buddy could go mile together to break her down. Why does this happen to her? She trusted someone beyond everything and he tears her apart after doing this. Was her friendship nothing to him? Where was this friend gone who understood her? 

She was standing next to a stranger who she knew long back. She tried to find that Ram she met before.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment