Wednesday 8 May 2013

The flashback -part 3




He didn’t make any eye contact when he handed me the prescription. Why is he acting so weird?  God!! There was a time when he would never stop looking at me. Now he doesn’t want to see me. It was he who left me. I shouldn’t have come here. It was big mistake to come here. I should have left the place after seeing his name. I get up hurriedly and grab my son’s hand. As I am about to leave, I hear his faint voice, “I am sorry.”  

Sorry!!  I wanted to scream loud and tell him that how could he feels sorry after giving pain for all those years.  He continued, “ I shouldn’t have left you. I regret that. You were in great trouble and I should have been there to support you. I feel so guilty after calling our relationship burden and tag you as unfit. I feel bad … I mean you lost your husband and you are alone taking care of your son and yourself. It must be hard for you. I wanted to tell you that if you need any help, I will be there for you. ”

I felt mocked by each and every word he spoke. “Thank you!! Thank you for all the pain. If you hadn’t broken my heart, I wouldn’t be what I am today. I am successful freelance writer and have enough to take care of my family’s well being. You are wrong to say that I am all alone. I have my family and my son. I didn’t lose my husband. He’s there with me and always will be. One more thing … if you hadn’t left me, I wouldn’t have met wonderful man and raise his kid. So you don’t have to feel guilty. Be happy!!!” I said with satire.

I saw the glimpse of regret on his face. It looked as if he had lost the very important battle. I step outside with victory smile on my face. The pain had gone and the wound had healed at last. I never once felt so relieved and happy. I was burden less now. My past had disappeared somewhere far.

                                                                   …..The end…..

No comments:

Post a Comment