Sunday 26 May 2013

The perfect date-part two




He simply stared at her neck. He could hear her steady heartbeats. However he didn’t understand how someone could be so eager to face death. He relaxed his grip on her neck and pushed her aside. She was perplexed at his action and asked, “Why didn’t you kill me?”  He smiled at her and said coolly, “ I love the scared look of my prey. It makes me feel ecstatic. You seemed to be so glad about getting killed. You spoiled my appetite. ”

She didn’t want this opportunity to get away and said, “Wait! What if I disclose secret of your identity to the world? You have to kill me in order to maintain this secret.” He laughed out loud. “ Heights of immaturity! Do you think people will believe you? Ha! Why do you want to die so badly? You are young and beautiful.”, he said. 

Her eyes were moist as she found herself losing yet another battle. “What’s the use of this youth and beauty when life is so bitter and ugly? I have lost – my dreams, my love and everything. I don’t want to live a life of lies and deceit.”, she cried. Her emotions took a toll on her body. Her head started spinning. Within minutes she had no control on her body. Her vision turned blurry to complete darkness. 

                                                          *******
She woke up at her place. He was sitting on a chair next to the dressing table. His innocent smile and eyes made her uncomfortable. She got up suddenly and walked towards the bathroom. After she freshened up, she found him missing and saw a letter on her dressing table. 

She was disappointed that she couldn’t thank him properly. She left the letter as it is. She spent the morning hours doing nothing except drinking wine. The day was nearly ending. The sun was melting into orange sky. She looked at bustling nightlife of London from the window of apartment. She remembered about the nights she had enjoyed the company of people. She loved being part of the rave parties , glamor and attention of people after her newly found success. “Night is still young,Claudia. You don’t have to sulk over the past. Life is not about the rave parties and glamor. I will show you what life is! Get dressed and come with me.”, a voice said. It was the voice she had heard before.  She looked behind. It was him.

She was excited to meet him again. She had many questions in her mind like why did he not kill her or how did he get her home or why did he leave without telling or how could he read her mind?
“I will answer all your questions. First, get dressed.” , he said stunning her again.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment