Wednesday 15 May 2013

The hope -part 6



Her life was filled with tensions and grief. She was facing troubles from all over the corner. Her mother in law blamed her for being the bad luck in Amit’s life. Her daughter was losing focus in her studies. Ram was blackmailing her daily to meet him. Amit was not able to walk even after the miracle cure promised by the doctor.

Everyone called her selfish. But the irony was she was adjusting to everyone’s desire. She wanted to run away from everything. Was running away the only solution to the problem? However she was not getting anything by pleasing everyone. 

She was getting late for home as it was time for Amit’s medication. “What happened? Don’t show me the same old face. I am not going to let you go soon. I don’t trust you anymore.” he said. She couldn’t take it anymore and burst out crying, “I had enough. Trust! What trust? You said you will be there for me. You broke that promise. I know I should have understood your feelings. I am sorry for hurting them. You have no idea what I am going through. I have inconsiderate family who are not ready to take care of Amit and they are blaming me for his condition. It has been four years since Amit has not walked. I have a daughter who is affected by tensions of my life. Last it’s you who is tearing me apart. What should I do? I feel like killing myself. … You talk about love and betrayal. You betrayed me as friend.” 

Ram was feeling ashamed and guilty after hearing this. He had treated her just like her in laws. There was no difference between him and them. They hurted her throughout her married life and he hurted her by wounding her feelings. “Go!! Go!! You have right to live. I am sorry for treating you like this. Go and get your happiness.”, he said.Meenakshi wanted to hug him. He stopped her and said, “I said leave! Or else I will change my decision. And yeah I will be always there for you. He saw her leaving with his tearful eyes.

(Present day)
She was sleeping peacefully on a chair next to Amit’s bed. Her head was resting on the study desk. He saw and smiled at this moment. He scolded himself for treating her badly over the years. He tried to get up and with all the courage; he put his foot down on ground for the first time. It felt good. He tried to stand with all his strength and walked slowly to her. He nudged her slowly. She woke up to see him standing next to her. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Her feelings were like the feelings of a mother who saw her toddler walking for the first time. She was thrilled and hugged him tight. She never wanted to let go of this moment. For the very first time, she felt the lost love come back to her.
                                        --------The end---------

No comments:

Post a Comment