Saturday 1 February 2014

Swizz cheese - part 1

Swizz Cheese

The Alarm clock rang.. TRRRRRNNGGG... I tried to open my eyes. Well! I managed to open one of them.

It was 6AM. Damn! I missed getting up late. It was the first day of my last semester and that very thought cemented me to the bed. I lied down for a little while longer. I woke up listening to the bajan song played in the next room, the sunlight creeped in slowly onto my bed sheet. I looked at the clock. Damn it !I was late !! REALLY late!!

I jumped out of my bed, ran into the loo, freshened up, and then came the hard part- getting dressed. Arrrrrghhh! I had too many clothes. Finally I put on my black T and blue jeans, grabbed a notebook (which by the way has been my book throughout the whole of my B.com) and stood outside my hostel waiting for an Auto. My college was just a walk away distance . But I was really late.

I reached college just in time (I think that should be my tagline). I was really hungry. I texted my friend Numretha as she was going crazy wondering where I was. I quickly bought a muffin, gobbled it and was rushing out of the cafeteria. BHAAMMMM!! I dashed right into someone.
Once he re-established gravitational balance, he apologized though it was my fault. I was just awkwardly staring at him. He was tall, broad shoulders. He had dark brown spiked hair. He was wearing a crisp white shirt and brown pant. He had fair skin. Well ! He wasn’t Indian for sure.
I pulled myself back together. I smiled like I had muscle spasm. I apologized and rushed to my class. I turned around to get a  quick look. Sigh! He was gone.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment