Monday 3 February 2014

Swizz Cheese -part 3


Nammi felt that I was acting weird.  “Why were you just staring at him like a zombie”, she asked, curiosity lingering in her face.  As we walked down the stairs,  I explained the morning episode to her. She laughed, “Are you serious? This is why you have been acting weird! This is so not you! Just forget it! “
And I did, we laughed & joked. We attended classes the rest of the day and our classes were finally done for the day. I hugged Nammi  and said bye. I packed my stuff, put in my earphones, switched on my IPod and  started my 2 km walk to my PG. Evenings are best for a walk.
It was quite windy and the clouds were grey, the leaves were dangling in the wind, and the traffic died down as I entered a quiet lane. The music was loud and the breeze was playing with my hair. I stopped abruptly when a car pulled over in front of me.  I took out my earphones, as I observed who was getting out of the car.
It was him, Daniel
“Hi Irene” ,he said
“How do you know my name”, I replied surprised
“Well you kinda forgot your college ID in class. Your name and photo is on the ID “, he said with his charming accent.
“Oh of course “, I went over to his side to take the ID.


“I kept calling your name but you had your earphones in, so couldn’t really get to you”, he said with a simple charming smile and dreamy eyes.
“I’m sorry for the trouble”, I replied a little loud, as the wind was getting loud and stronger and just then a drop of water fell from the heavens onto my cheek.
“I guess it’s going to rain soon. Would you like me to drop you to your place?” he said, sounding a bit serious.
I didn’t know what to say, the drops started falling more quickly and I didn’t want to get wet.
“Yes sure! Thanks, I really don’t want to get drenched”, I replied trying to sound very reasonable.
He smiled, “Well get in”.
He drove a silver Renault Fluence, dreamy guy with a dreamy car.
“So where do you live? “, he asked, the rain pattered on the car. It was pouring down real hard diminishing visibility.
I gave him a detailed direction as to where to stop
“Is it ok if we park on the side for a few minutes. I can’t really see anything “, he said trying real hard to see through the thick curtain of rain.
“Yes please. LOL! I wouldn’t want to get killed now, ha ha!! “, I said, which really sounded stupid in my head when I replayed it.

( To be  continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment