Sunday 2 February 2014

Swizz Cheese - part 2


My class was on the 2nd floor which meant a lot of manual use of leg power. Grrr!! I entered class. The teacher had not come yet, I sat in my usual spot, the 2nd last row on the left. I chatted away with Numretha and my other friends about last holiday and how awesome it was. Just then Mrs. Gloria, our Economics teacher ( who was short, plump and really had some attitude issues), came in and made her way to the front of the class. She laid down her register on the table, and went directly to the her favorite topic- economics time table for the semester. Holy schmuk!!Wednesdays had 3 hours of economics! Crap!!

Mrs. Gloria paused a little, took a deep breath (wow she breathes; I thought she was a zombie!) ,“I won’t be handling Economics this semester”. That was the most amazing thing I have ever heard. We were all “silently happy”.

“As you all know the last semester ,we have an exchange program and I will be going to Switzerland next week to teach Economics in the university there for this whole semester”, she said.
We were overjoyed. I was scribbling some diagrams on my notebook while she was making these beautiful announcements. She continued, “Replacing me, Mr. Daniel Wa`elchli will be taking over economics this semester”, pointing at the person standing back.

All of us turned back to see the stranger. My mouth parted and eyes widened. It was him, the guy I dashed into in the morning. When did he even come in ? He made his way towards the front of the class. I ducked my head and continued scribbling on my notebook. Mrs. Gloria walked out. I was totally embarrassed to raise my head. My friend Nammi (Numretha) shook me a bit, I looked at her. She gave me a confused stare at my abnormal behavior. Somehow I gathered myself and looked up.

He was not even looking at my direction. I composed myself and wondered why I was being so silly. His voices was so hypnotizing, not just to me but to everyone, as everyone were very attentively listening to him. His face was very charmingly animated. You could easily tell his passion for the subject which made us interested into most boring topic.

TRRRNNNGG!! The bell rang. It was like a rude awakening to our mesmerizing dream. We had half an hour tea break. All the girls were surrounding him like he was a celebrity. He had good looks, heavenly voice and a burning passion for his subject! Desirable!!

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment