Tuesday 4 February 2014

Swizz Cheese - Part 4


He laughed, “Glad to know you got some sense of humor; you seemed to be the serious kind”.
“What!! No way ! I party hard and chill like all the time”, I blurted out which  was not true.
“You don’t have to party hard to have a good time.  Listen, I was just going through the grades of some of the students from previous semesters. You and Nina have really good grades in Economics and Marketing. I am also a Marketing major so if you need any help. Just let me know because I got this vibe you are not so into Economics.”, he said while checking if the rain is clearing.
“There is this really good marketing program in the university which I teach in Switzerland, and the placement is good as well. So if you can get some extra credits and keep up the score, I can help you get a scholarship there.
I was elated that he went through the trouble of finding my interest and giving me a shot.  But I was disappointed that he was also interested in Nina’s grades as well.
“Helooooo!! Anyone there“, he said smiling
I realized I had not replied to him, “Umm!! Yeah sure, that would be helpful. I will come to you after class to get know the details. Thanks anyway!”
“Awesome, I’m guessing this is your stop”, he said pulling over in front of my PG. I had not realized he had started his car and moved. I was too busy thinking the impossible.
“Yup thanks so much. Bye”, I said getting out of the car.
“Bye, take care of yourself”, he replied smiling.
Damn that Greek god face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started walking away when I heard his sweet voice again, “Irene? “.  I turned back with all hopes of some awesome miracle  and walked towards him.
“You forgot your ID again. You should probably keep it in your bag”, he smiled and drove off
Why?  Why did I want him so bad?
I walked up  to my room, freshened up and called up my folks, who were working in the middle east. I missed them bad. The rain seemed to die down. I had my dinner and fell asleep, dreaming of the impossible.
( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment