Monday 9 March 2015

The Best (WO)man- Part 10

Mum didn't realize my motive still. She doubted me but couldn't prove her doubts. She made me promise on all the gods residing in this planet that I will never ever do the sin of breaking anybody's marriage even if it is my worst enemy marrying an alien. Ah! Whatever! I would be happiest if my enemy married the wrong guy. Anyway I made false promises. I was not going to stop.

Nikki understood it clearly. How did she get to know? Well! My luck turned bad when she overheard mum asking me to make false promises of not breaking the marriage. Adding to her suspicions was when Nancy had called me home. Unfortunately I wasn't present to take the call. So Ms. Nikki who would never pick up calls, picked it up today. Nancy spilled out the beans to her without even checking who it was.

When I had come home after visiting some old friends, I found her sitting with cross leg on her favorite bright red sofa. Her eyes gleamed of anger. If Augustus was not my brother, I guess she would have torn me apart. There was a dangerous frown on her face." I know why you are here but I will never allow you to succeed. You have tried to light the fire on my love life behind my back. Now you won't succeed.",she said.

The conflicts between Nikki and Augustus had become common. However one of these conflicts bought a turn on their relationship. As the fight turned wild, she pushed me into this mess. She accused blindly at me when I hadn't done anything. Since the time my mum had arrived, her presence was enough to create difference between them. It wasn't my mum's fault. Nikki was not used to words called gentle, respect or love. She was simply mistaken by lust with love.

Augustus slapped her. For the first time, I felt his love for me. I had thought I had lost his love due to Nikki's presence in his life. I had longed his attention. Seeing his brotherly love, I felt so proud of him.

Mum scolded her. No one questioned me. They blamed her for being too rude and incoherent. My heart ached. I didn't feel good. I didn't smile secretly in my heart. My conciousness scolded me. I was feeling guilty for whatever was happening to Nikki though she deserved it.

(To be continued) 

No comments:

Post a Comment