Tuesday 10 March 2015

The Best (WO)man- Part 11

Guilty tortured my heart. I felt I was somehow responsible for their distant relationship. After that fight both there was some kind of cold bitter air blowing between them. None of them tried to bridge the gap. They were bringing in lot of unnecessary issues. It was as if no one wanted to bend before anyone. They were fixed about their opinions. 

They had parted ways finally. When they were asked the reason for such decision, they blamed it on the incompatibility. Love is strange. When it happens, everything seems beautiful  and life is easy. But as the taste of love gets bitter, it tends to make life tasteless. Everything you set for becomes impossible to achieve. Maybe that's the power of what love can do to you.

I should have partied somewhere. I didn't. I had always thought I would get tipsy till four am. But I didn't feel like getting out or turning wild. I sat home , thinking about the events that had broken their relationship. I didn't know that I would feel so bad about breaking a relationship though I hadn't. It was just the situation that parted two people who were deeply in love. 

Days passed and nothing had changed. I still refused to get out of the room. I was still brooding over it. How could I be so immature in breaking their beautiful relationship? I asked my soul this question every day and night. I had no answer for this. 

Augustus was in pain. He had become so quiet and robotic in his life. He would hardly speak. He would come home, have his food and lock himself in his room. If I hadn't messed this up, they would have got married by next week.

The life .. the spirit.. the happiness was all gone. The house had become just place to stay. Mum was planning to leave. She had also asked him to join. But he refused plainly. I didn't want to leave him in this state. I had to do something.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment