Monday 23 March 2015

The Best (WO)man- Part 17

I turned my face towards where the voice was coming. I also turned my face just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I saw Augustus and Nikki smiling at me. Nikki had restless Buddy in her arms. Wait! She had the dog she had sold out? How was this possible? I looked at her surprised.

Well! I looked at both of them with shock and bewilderment. I prayed that this was not one of God's damn tricks of showing me heavenly dreams. If it was, he would see my terrible wrath lashing out at this poor world.

Augustus clicked his fingers at me. I was back to my senses. "Ah! You are real!", I said, jumping out of excitement. " Yes! We are real.", he said. There was moment of silence and then I broke in, " But you said that you won't ever see me." " Damn You! You know I was not in my senses. When you left, that's when I realized that I was wrong.. really wrong. I wanted to follow you that very day you left. But I had got tickets to come here only for today.. two weeks since you left.", he said

Tears welled up inside my eyes. I didn't want to cry but emotions never listens to anyone. " We are sorry.. I am sorry to always blame you for all the wrong situations.", Nikki intervened. "No.. Please.. I am sorry. I had never accepted you as my sister in law. I always thought you didn't deserve him."I said softly. Nikki hugged me, " You know what I personally bought Buddy as bribe to get you forgive me. I know you loved him so much.". She handed the puppy to me and wiped my tears.

" Come on kiddo! Let's forget and move on. Won't you forgive us?", he asked. I was embarrassed. I should be asking for forgiveness. I didn't even try to stay back and get them back together. I felt like slapping myself for letting them to say sorry when it was me who was supposed to say sorry." Please don't say sorry. I was wrong from the beginning.", I said. " No darling! You did what every sweet sister would do for their brother. Now stop repenting. What you did was purely love for me and don't stop loving me.", Augustus said, brushing my hair.

I cried. After a lot of cuddling and convincing from both, I kissed my past goodbye and promised to start anew. "So will you be my best man... ahem.. woman for my wedding. The post is still open.", he said. I stared at him and then looked at Nikki.  " What are you looking at? Say yes! I am not going to stop you.",  Nikki said animatedly. I smiled at last and nodded my head.


                                 ******  The End ******

No comments:

Post a Comment