Thursday 5 March 2015

The Best (WO)man- Part 9

Mum had arrived before than the rest of family members. She had arrived early as she thought an elder was needed to guide youngsters with the preparations. She didn't trust us. She still considers us as the kids who were born yesterday.  Anyway her early arrival was a boon to me. With mum's arrival, everything I desired I got it served in golden plate. 

Augustus was very excited with her arrival. He had spent the first day of her visit only by eating her head with how much he had missed her. Since mum was here, she took over the house. The house was now no longer just a place to stay. Mum had filled it with her love and care. Unfortunately someone was burning inside though she couldn't vent it out.

Mum's constant interruption made Nikki go mad.She had made Nikki shift to my room. As per mum's rule, a lady is not supposed to stay with guy in same room... or to make more clear same roof. But Nikki didn't agree to this until he made both of them agree to shift the terror ( Nikki) to my room. Nikki was still fuming with rage.

Nikki hated mum instantly. Mum was known for her nagging. Since Nikki was used to dumping the household chores to Augustus. I used to see how poor Augustus used to manage the work. I used to help him though he would never let me do it. But mum always believed in equal share of work. So she made everyone help in with the house work.

Tiny rifts was normal between them. But they became more with every passing day. The always silent Augustus was revolting against Nikki. It was hard for her to digest. As usual mum was about to step in but I didn't let her. She tried questioning me. I told her that it was their life. 

Mum called me crazy to stop her.  I told her that sometimes it is good to to be crazy. She simply stared at me with suspicious. Maybe she did get to know that I didn't leave my idea.

(To be continued) 

No comments:

Post a Comment