Monday 16 March 2015

The Best (WO)man- Part 14

Love is sweet and the wait is bitter. The wait can be for the positive response from your loved one or the wait can also be for meeting your loved one after long time. Well!! The wait can also be for reuniting two love birds. Hmm.. I have been waiting for over 180 seconds. However these seconds were like never ending hours. Oh! How long can anyone take to read an email?

God must have heard my loud moan. As soon as I finished crying loud, " How long can anyone take to read an email?", I heard 'ting' noise. It was the sound of the a mail that was dropped to my inbox. I quickly scanned it. Oh! it was from her.  I immediately read the contains of the mail. 

She had written that she will meet him. She had also mentioned how much she had missed him and wanted to give another chance to their relationship. I was happy and yelled loud. Suddenly he opened the door to see what was happening. I immediately logged out and opened my mailbox. 

"What happened?", he asked. " Nothing! I just won two coupons to RiverPark. You know I wanted to visit that place. Can we please... please.. pretty please go there?", I said. "No, my darling. Why don't you take one of your friends? I am not in mood of going anywhere.", he said which made my heart ache. I looked down without saying anything. He saw my red face. " Fine.. We will go.", he said , caressing my cheek. I was euphoric at once.

The truth behind those coupons was that I had not won any competition. I wanted to go to RiverPark because I had called her to meet him here. I prepared every tiny details to bring them together. Tomorrow I shall reunite these two and then only I would leave RiverPark after I had completed my mission. 

I took him to that place. He was dressed in casual black T shirt and blue jeans. I was in my daisy dress. As soon we reached, I looked around for her. She was nowhere to be found. We sat down for dinner. I ate half halfheartedly. It didn't take us long to finish her dinner. It was really quiet dinner. No one was in mood to speak anything until she arrived. I wanted to jump. But I made an excuse to use ladies room. I looked at our table while walking.  They met with sadness in their eyes.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment