Wednesday 4 March 2015

The Best (WO)man- Part 8

With buddy gone, I was lost. The only hope was gone. How was I going to break this wedding. Augustus had reconciled all the differences with her. Worst part - he was the one to go forward to rekindle their relationship. Arggh! I hate him for doing that. I scolded him for losing self respect for that wrecked lady. 

I had to find another option. I cannot see my brother lose his individuality for someone who doesn't care of the existence. I don't see my brother now. My brother always stood for his right. Now I see a different person who bent down to other's whims. This was last time I would see him bending. 

I started missing family. You need your family when you are in deep shit... when you feel . what they said was right. Mom.. I missed her a lot. I missed her food. I missed her voice. Oh mom! Mom!!! Why didn't think about this first. She could be loud, obnoxious and irritating person. Indian ladies are known to be that. She fitted the role so well.

I called her immediately. As usual I heard her nasty scoldings during the first few minutes. It went on until she was done with her share of complaints about why I did that and how I should improve. Later she gave me time to speak about why I really called her. I asked her when she was coming and how much Augustus wanted family to be part of the wedding. She was positive about family coming. This solved my problem. But I hid the secret part from them. 
They knew that I had come here for solely to break the marriage. But after few days, they were in false belief that I had given up. Love is risky. But risk can also be good. I know bringing in family into this wasn't good. But I can't help it if it was going to help me.

I had to do this to save him. I can't see him tortured by her whims every day. They were different and had to be broken. If I didn't do now, he would lose everything to save this relationship and I can't see that.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment