Saturday 4 January 2014

Consensual -part 11


Every girl dreams of a fairytale wedding. Even I had one where I am walking on the aisle that would lead me to the my destiny-my prince charming. He is looking at me with unconditional love and promise to make me his beloved for rest of his life.

But dream is a bed of fresh roses that fade during the dusk. Marriage had become a nightmare to me. Every morning I woke up with a fear that I was going to be tied with grief and pain. I had to accept them. The misery was going to be permanent scar on my life.

The celebrations at home was constant reminder of my future dreadful life. I was feeling bitter and cold most of the time. I tried to cheer myself by fully immersing into the activities. But the pain didn’t leave me. I would cry alone during nights when people were fast asleep.

Love had become poisonous to me. I would call him everyday with hope that he understood what I was going through. Well! We get to know the true nature of people during difficult times. He never picked up my call. He would either let it ring or disconnect the call. This would leave me miserable and lonely.

As days passed, I stopped calling him. I would try to find places where I could alone with my thoughts. But being alone is also a curse. I was in a situation where I couldn't share anything with anyone.

The day had arrived. Everything was running smoothly. I tried to look my best in the maroon wedding dress. I had every piece of jewellery on my body though I protested first when my mum put them on me. I was hating it. Why was I getting ready? Why do I need to look pretty? Anyway he would not look at me. Why would he want to in first place, look at the person who had turned his life upside down?

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment