Wednesday 22 January 2014

Consensual - part 26


I opened my eyes. I was at home in my bed. Ma was sitting next to me, caressing my head. Reena bought soup and lunch. I could see father in law talking to doctor in the end.

I tried to get up. But I fell on my back. My energy was diminished. "How are you feeling, darling?", ma asked. "Feeling fine, ma" I said weakly. "Don't tell me you are fine. You don't look one inch fine to me. From now on, I will supervise your eating schedule. Mind you! I am going to be strict with you!", Reena said.

I smiled sheepishly. Your health becomes half better when you have your family to support you. I was quite relaxed after having lunch. "Well! Good news finally! I am really proud of you, Shruti.", father in law said.

I was perplexed. What did he mean by good news? What did I do to make him feel proud of me? I didn't know. Maybe it was about work. " Shruti is pregnant!" I was shocked. How could that be possible?

I thought it was amenorrhea. I wanted to check up with the doctor. I would always postpone it due to work. I also blamed it on my irregular appetite.  Though I was relieved, I was disappointed. I didn't want the reason to be pregnancy.

Kid! No I can't bear his child. This child would never have father whom he/she could look upto. It was better if my child never came to this world. He/ she would only witness grief and sorrow. I wondered about how would Praveen take in the news. I was sure he would be devasted.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment